Thursday 31 March 2011

A Sad Day for the Boys in Green.

Keep on truckin'
I was browsing the BBC news site for something to talk about, and I was saddened to see that haulage magnate Eddie Stobart had died following heart problems, at the age of 56. Many of you may think this is a strange subject to talk about, but his lorries have played a part in my life since I was a tiddler.

I would imagine many of you have played some variation of the game 'who can see the seaside?' where you may be driving to the beach and the first person to shout 'I can see the seaside' won a Werther's Original, or what have you. Well, whenever my family would go to visit my relatives elsewhere in the country, we would always play the game 'who can see an Eddie Stobart lorry first.' I have a feeling that the game started because my grandad (who loves models and Airfix etc.) was a member of the Stobart Fan Club, I don't know that for sure, but he certainly has a few models of the distinctive lorries scattered around the house.

It's a bit of a random post I know, but I felt like it wouldn't have been right not to mention it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-12923203

No comments:

Post a Comment