Wednesday 23 March 2011

Why No-One Should Ever Put Me in Charge of a Naming Committee.

It’s a beautiful day out here in the backwaters of Hampshire. The sun is shining, the birds are singing. And I’m sitting indoors writing this post for you. So appreciate it!

I was surfing the interwebs, as I am known to do on a bright, sunny day, and I found an article on the BBC News site that made me smile. Apparently the public are being invited to suggest names for the five neighbourhoods to be built on the Olympic site after the 2012 games. Now, am I the only person that smiles maniacally upon hearing that news. Or am I simply very immature?




Of course they can only suggest names and they are being asked to  take inspiration from the history of East London (such as that is) or from the Olympics themselves.

I can only hope that people use this chance as an opportunity to be creative and not just recycle the same old rubbish over again. Hell, maybe there’ll be a Bob Hoskins Boulevard, or an Apples n’ Pears avenue by 2013. Only time will tell.

This is me, signing off to go and frolic in the sunshine.

Adios.

1 comment:

  1. If you're immature...heaven help me! I too am smiling through squinty eyes and thinking...so many possibilities, so little time! heehee x

    ReplyDelete