Sunday 20 February 2011

Wollstonecraft Seminar Papers

The topic of our latest seminar was Mary Wollstonecraft, who was essentially the first feminist. She took a lot of influence from Rousseau, and made of point of having a go at women as a opposed to just men, like most feminists seem to these days. One example was when she wrote about the differences between men and women when they undertake a journey. She says that men only think about the destination, whereas women think about what they might see on the way, and what problems might occur, and other flippant thoughts.

I think you'll gain a better understanding of her views by reading a couple of seminar papers written by two of my coursemates: Uldduz and Ali

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I hear that Ali dude writes some pretty interesting stuff too. Oh, but Uldduz's post blows mine out of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say, I heard that Ali guy mentiioned in my seminar as having an interesting take on the subject. Just spreading the love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to reference other blogs, but you need to make notes as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. where's the like button? :Ø)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that this is now my most viewed post and it's barely more than a glorified link :P

    ReplyDelete