Thursday 1 September 2011

As if I could ever understand…

Hello there, Avid Readers. I need an opinion. Or, failing that, a silent void in which to vent my bewilderment.

I’ve been reading the i newspaper pretty much since it came out (on and off, I’m not made of 20p pieces!). I think it’s a pleasantly concise read, with fairly broad subjects, without the majority of ‘celeb’ driven ‘news’ that adorns the pages of the red tops. Not that I don’t dip into the tabloids now and then for a patronising chuckle. I’m digressing. Something I’ve never understood about the i, a paper which, in my opinion, is attractive to younger professionals and their ilk ,as it’s not full of as much waffle as stories from most other broadsheets etc. is what on earth is with the cartoon strip?

First of all, I think a cartoon strip is out of place in the i to begin with, but… que cera. As if… by Sally Ann Lasson has not only failed to make me laugh, or even smile. But it has started to make me doubt in our society’s sense of humour. Maybe it isn’t supposed to be funny? As far as I can tell it’s aimed at middle-aged women, which completely goes against my world view of the i. if it was the Daily Mail I’d understand, but… maybe I’m over thinking it.

Here’s a link to the artists page: https://secure.mrsite.co.uk/usersitesv18/sallyannlasson.com/wwwroot/index.htm

Maybe someone else can find something about it that I’m missing, and explain it to my hurty brain.

Peace out. And much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment